Help needed in identifying 1950s 00 plastic coach

andyman7

I wonder if anyone can help identify the coach pictured below, which I picked up at the Bluebell Railway collectors fair. Body has the warping typical of cellulose acetate mouldings; the underframe trussing/battery box is pressed tin, whilst the bogies are diecast. It is fitted with hook and single chain link couplings, and is really rather nice for the vintage. All suggestions/answers welcome!

post-549-0-19994700-1406414743_thumb.jpg

post-549-0-80344500-1406414748_thumb.jpg

post-549-0-37679300-1406414752_thumb.jpg

post-549-0-78982600-1406414756_thumb.jpg

I think this must be one of the Scalecraft mouldings from the early fifties. I don't know much about them, apart from ordering two from ERG second hand lists but too late...

EDIT

It would appear that memory failed me (not unknown and it was well over fifty years ago) concerning the name - Coachcraft rather than Scalecraft.

Edited by Il Grifone

I think this must be one of the Scalecraft mouldings from the early fifties. I don't know much about them, apart from ordering two from ERG second hand lists but too late.....

Thanks for the tip-off, I don't have anything to compare it with but it's something to go on. It seemed silly to leave it behind for the sake of £2!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...