Strange effect on F0 directional lighting

bigal10

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on a strange effect I have encountered on a couple of loco's after editing CV's for lighting effects?

Scenario: Layout all DCC, controlled by ECoS 50200, with latest 4.0.1 software update, currently installing a Zimo MX644D into a new Heljan Class 128 MPV (that's not a stupid big overstuffed American car, but a 1960's Motorised Parcel Van)

The Zimo decoder has Pauliebanger's early DMU digidrive sound onboard from Digitrains, and Paul has talked me through loads of CV changes to make things work better.

I never even thought one could get the Cab-Lights to auto-extinguish, on moving off, and operate in each direction with the markers, but now they do, and it's brill !!

Please have a look at my thread 'Remapping lights on a Zimo 644D' in DCC sound on this forum.

My current problem, is that after doing the CV changes on the programming track, (could not get the ECoS to talk to the Zimo on Main, and yes Railcom is set for 2-way coms), the lights on F0 will now not turn off until I do 2 x direction changes with the 4-way toggle gizmo. And similarly when I want to turn on the lights, I first press F0 and then have to do 2 x direction changes, and then all is perfectly OK for the whole session until I turn the lights off.

Paul is baffled by this as well!

About 18 months ago, I had the exact same thing occur to a Bachmann 46, but that has a Loksound 4 decoder, and it still does the same thing !

Any suggestions gratefully received,

Regards

Alan

Does this just happen on the ECoS or on all command stations? If it is just on the ECoS it sounds like something to do with a lack of periodic refreshing of function group zero which may be configurable somewhere and it is currently at the economy bandwidth setting.

Wow Suzie !

Economy Bandwidth Setting ??

I only have the ECoS, no other commanders, (other than sprog - but don't use that often, just for odd programming)

If you have any suggestions regarding reconfigs for the ECoS that sounds useful?

I'm just about to post a similar query on ESU's forum for the ECoS also.

And to all my other readers,...

Appologies, I DID NOT have the Zimo 644D set for RailCom coms, but having just reset CV8 to Bit3 ON (ie: CV8 = 8 ) I have now just discovered the world of seeing changes happen in real-time on the Main - woo-hoo !

Regards

Alan

I don't know about the specifics of the ECoS but other manufacturers have been introducing things that will stop packets being sent to a loco when it is stationary for example, and these things are being snuck in as new defaults which have to be reverted in some cases.

Hi Guys, and Gals,

Panic over, I've done a reset of both the ECoS, and the Zimo decoder, and this time done the CV changes in POM and all is well, the markers, and Cab-Lights are behaving correctly.

Not done the Bachmann 46 with LS4 yet, interesting to see if a decoder reset has the same effect !! - watch this space!

Just a word of warning for anyone doing a reset of their ECoS, make sure you do a back-up of it's config, BEFORE doing the reset, as that wipes all the data and takes you back to a very bleak-looking startup screen!

Regards,

Alan

Archived