Trainlife website: no images?

Jim Martin

Although I mostly build British things these days, I still like to indulge my old interests in US passenger trains from time-to-time. Mainly i do this through the TrainLife website (http://www.trainlife.com/). I just went there to have a quick shufti, only to find that all the page scans have disappeared. The "page text" view still works; but that doesn't show any of the images, which obviously reduces the eye-candy quotient by a fair bit.

Is this a recent development? Is TrainLife actually alive at all, or is this it in a near-death state, pending the domain name running out? Or is it something less drastic, like they've changed it so that you have to register to see the images (in which case, I would register)? Any information gratefully received.

Jim

I think he meant only registered users can see the message. I am a registered user, can't get the site to display content. A real shame because there is a lot of valuable articles in that archive. I hope they can resolve the issue and wish I had the expertise to help.

All... Likewise, I'm a registered user of the trainlife site, and am unable to login. Have sent "Help request" email several weeks ago to admin, but no response to-date. Request for password, in the event I don't have it right results in message "Administrative approval of account required." Have come to believe site is not being actively administered or monitored. ... Coh

• 2 years later...

Archived