Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Scalescenes Free Inspection Pit kit is available again

My free Inspection Pit  is now available again!

Stephen from Black Cat Technology has just let me know that he is now stocking his "drop in" LED packs for the N and OO versions again. Please note these LED strips won't fit the inspection pit included in my recently updated Diesel Depot kit, but of course there is no reason why you can't just replace that pit with the free version...

post-8868-0-68241800-1407192983.jpg

post-8868-0-48789600-1407193014.jpg

Happy modelling!

John

Ah typical, just as I've ordered the LEDs from RMLectronics for the rest of the pits that come with the depot after doing a test build for them, you drop this on us!

Have to say if this kit is anything like the one that comes with the depot it will look brilliant and go together very well. Might have to do a build of this kit as a comparison, specially as it's free!

Thanks,

Mark

Ah typical, just as I've ordered the LEDs from RMLectronics for the rest of the pits that come with the depot after doing a test build for them, you drop this on us!

Have to say if this kit is anything like the one that comes with the depot it will look brilliant and go together very well. Might have to do a build of this kit as a comparison, specially as it's free!

Thanks,

Mark

Both inspection pit kits are essentially the same, the main difference being the light spacing, that is designed to accommodate each LED supplier.

A long boring story, but basically I'm just trying to support both Black Cat Technology and RMLectronics! The last I heard the RMLectronics pack was still in development. The last version I saw had individual lights rather than a strip like the Black Cat version. I guess it's just down to personal preference really...

Much as I would love to use the strip supplied by Black Cat Technology for ease of fitting, I've realised after looking at it that I can't due to the pits I've made being lengthened. Although the RMLectronics method of individual LEDs is a little more involved, it's the method I'll have to use to be able to add the extra 4 lights per pit that I need.

Personally I think it's great that you're supporting both suppliers, and that modellers have the option of which route to go down depending on how they've made the kits.

Mark

Archived