Horniman Park V2.0

gc4946

• RMweb Premium

I bought a kitchen door from B&Q 715 x 297 mm to mount the football stand representing Glensley Celtic in the 70s and 80s.

Road, pavements and car park added from 1mm and 2mm thick mounting board.

GEDC1000.JPG

• RMweb Premium

It dawned on me something was missing from my 1920s-30s football ground setup.

I needed to model the club's office and teams' changing rooms.

While having the Wales v Ukraine World Cup qualifier on TV in the background I began work on the large building, it's a long hipped roof structure between the turnstiles and the toilets.

All these structures on the board are scratchbuilt.

GEDC1002.JPG

GEDC1003.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

In the past week, on the "Glensley Celtic" 1920s-30s era football ground module,

I completed much of the construction of the main office/changing room;

the brick walls around the ground;

set out the road layout including provision to bed the structures into the ground,

all now awaiting painting.

However I've still to construct the large exit gates.

GEDC1005.JPG

GEDC1006.JPG

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've had a break but recently sound-fitted two more of my Scottish loco and multiple unit collection, a Hornby J36 and a hybrid Lima body/Hornby chassis 156.

Fitting the sound chip and speaker in the 156 was far easier than the J36, the 156 had the whole assembly fitted in the passenger saloon.

With the J36, I tried many ways to keep the height of the wiring and chip down until I sufficiently moved the wiring around inside to properly replace the tender top on its chassis.

GEDC1114.JPG

GEDC1113.JPG

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Work's resumed on my modified Hornby (ex-Dapol) with extended bunker.

I thought it was time to complete the model after several years in store.

If I have transfers in stock for the SR sunshine "British Railways" logo I'll finish it as 32646 as per Hornby R30006.

If not, I'll finish it as early crest unlined https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/32646-lbscr-46-newington-lbscr-646-iow-w2-iow-w8-freshwater-br-32646/

One possibility of modelling another board is imagining if some of the stations on the former Southsea branch were modernised by the Southern Railway, if the line lasted in use after 1923, and EMUs were used on local services with excursions to East Southsea (in reality passenger service ceased on the outbreak of WW1 and the Southern removed what was left shortly during or after 1923)

Excerpts from Kevin Robinson's self-published book about the Southsea Railway, 1986

GEDC1122.JPG

GEDC1119.JPG

GEDC1120.JPG

GEDC1121.JPG

• Like 1