Bristol St Philips Station

robmills

Hi all,

My Club (Thornbury & South Glos) is embarking on a new layout project - Bristol St Philips Station. Photos seem to be pretty uncommon, and I think we have found all the ones which are available on line or in publications. There are some stunning shots on 'Britain from Above' which have solved most of our problems relating to the station environs.

What I am looking for now is some information/ photos/drawings of the station building, which I have read was a 'standard Midland design', featuring a vertical planked wooden station building and an extensive saw-tooth awning - see below. If anybody could point me in the direction of other stations of similar design, which might be better documented, my co-conspirators and I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Rob Mills

(for anyone who is interested, the layout will be 4mm/00, 12ft scenic, with 4ft fiddle yard. The scenic break will be Barrow Road bridge, moved west by about half a mile!)

post-5855-0-05687100-1407939177.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Lyonesse

Hi all,

My Club (Thornbury & South Glos) is embarking on a new layout project - Bristol St Philips Station. Photos seem to be pretty uncommon, and I think we have found all the ones which are available on line or in publications. There are some stunning shots on 'Britain from Above' which have solved most of our problems relating to the station environs.

What I am looking for now is some information/ photos/drawings of the station building, which I have read was a 'standard Midland design', featuring a vertical planked wooden station building and an extensive saw-tooth awning - see below. If anybody could point me in the direction of other stations of similar design, which might be better documented, my co-conspirators and I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Rob Mills

(for anyone who is interested, the layout will be 4mm/00, 12ft scenic, with 4ft fiddle yard. The scenic break will be Barrow Road bridge, moved west by about half a mile!)

I looked into this myself once.  Lens of Sutton have (or had) a couple of photos.  There is also about 6 photos in the Reece Winstone archive.  The old 6in OS maps have the plan.

Archived