kings bridge station [1970 to present layout]

Adamphillip

so since my last OO layout Axbridge had to be taken down my dad is now letting me into the loft to build my next layout. I decided that i'd widen my time period so that i would have a large variety of stock to choose from. the main station will disappear under a road bridge where the main station building will be while the station throat will have a 2nd bridge over it, the entire layout will have retaining walls as a back scene. the station will be a 4 track through arrangement with a dedicated fright loop and yard that is access under the bridge, on the other side of the loft there will be a MPD with a turn table and large shed/servicing facility. post-18156-0-81127100-1408110493.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks just my sort of thing, following with interest.

EDIT: And we have very similar layout names! (Axbridge and Ashbridge)

thanks axbridge was my last OO layout that this on stemmed from

this layout I'm also planning on doing something a bit funny by building a 4-5ft long bridge from maccano on a diagonal to the station end just for laughs and to see if it'd work, recently I've started work on a trackplan for a loco depo that'll sit on the other side of the loft with some DMU sidings

• 4 weeks later...

pictures with stories

dp2_in_charge_of_the_railtour_entering_k

a railtour headed by DP2 pulls past the fright yard on it's why to kings cross via kings bridge the train is made up of a variety of mk1's including a pullman kitchen and a mk2 BSO totaling 6 coaches all in

rush_hour_by_adamphillip-d81f2zg.jpg

it's all go in the station as the rail-tour arrives and a class 37 pulls 2 MOD land-rovers on flatbeds and a queen Mary brake van while 2 class 91's sit idle in the platforms, a 108 DMU awaiting the all clear to head out to other parts of London

Archived