NBR Jubilee Coal Wagon Parkside Dundas

hartleymartin

Has anyone got an unbuilt one of these around and wouldn't mind taking a photo of what is included in the kit? I think that this would form a good basis for a small fleet of coal hoppers that I want to build.

If you only have a built example, could you please take a few measurements for me? I'm looking for underframes that are 8'0" wheelbase and about 14' to 15' over headstocks. These will be very small 7t or 8t coal wagons when I'm done.

• RMweb Premium

Martin,

I have an unbuilt one and can do this. Its in a box of kits being packed for  'export' but I can sort it out later. I think all the PD NBR kits were mastered by Ian Kirk originally and they share common running gear, I've built a few.

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Martin

Here are the photos of the kit parts.

The length is 102 mm over body, the wheelbase is 60mm, the black plastic running gear can be supplied separately by Parkside if you ask nicely!

post-14654-0-64400800-1408828546_thumb.jpg

post-14654-0-33713400-1408828565_thumb.jpg

Hope this is useful

Dava

• 3 months later...

They make up into good wagons I have a few built. I'm turning one out as a coke wagon with the addition of some raves. Our next layout is looking like a NBR/NER joint railway so we have just produced a new NBR 4plk kit and updated our 3plk kit so they can produce all three variants. 

marc 

Archived