Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Mickleover Model Railway Group

Diesel Dayz

Hillandale suffered a point motor failure on Saturday morning just before the show opened, despite having been fully tested on Friday night!  Luckily Wayne was to hand and lay on his back underneath the fiddle yard soldering a new motor in.   This morning a rake of smooth side Southern Pacific passenger cars decided that they didn't like the layout at all and kept uncoupling  all over the place just as the paying guests arrived;  so I metaphorically smacked their bums and sent them to Coventry and replaced them with the coal train which behaved itself, after that it all seemed to run smoothly.  I left at lunchtime but our young members were still having the time of their  lives on the upper levels -   I wish I had a) 14 year old's knees  b)  their energy  c)  their stamina!   Bacon sarnies seem to fuel them to new excesses.   Another great show I think. 

• RMweb Premium

Popped along today. Easy to find venue but parking was a little inadequate. Once parked I had a quick walk round. Both trade stalls had some N gauge although one was all steam and one was rather pricey. Picked a couple of bits up from the club sales stand which was good, including a handy little baseboard for a future micro. Farkham was impressive, a liked the look of the N gauge layout and the other 00 gauge layout in the main hall. There was a big micro layout using LGB stock which was a handy size and a nice 7mm narrow gauge layout. Was good to put faces to rmwebbers also!

Will be back next year for sure!

• RMweb Gold

Had a great time (as usual) today. Got there just after midday and left just after three, great value for 5 quid for George and I :)

Big thanks as ever to Mike and all the MMRG for putting on yet another great show. I was delighted to bag a Mallard Models K2 PLV, part built and with work will make a great addition to the stock list for Fourgig East - £25!- Malc of Malc's Models must be going soft in his old age :lol:

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for the comments - still got to put some cash in the oven to 'cook the books' but it was a success financially and of course a great success celebrating 50 years of exhibitions in Mickleover. Good to meet many old friends, including a former junior member who was last at the Club 27 years ago before college, university, work, family etc got in the way. Pleasure to meet Steve (who had his hands full with a little Steve) - sorry about the parking - when the Victorians built the Village School they didn't know what a car was and everyone walked which means the only on site parking is what was the play ground !

Our next big project is planning ahead for the show in May at The Roundhouse - an amazing piece of railway history, part of Derby Works and now turned into an exhibition area by Derby College.

Archived