Here's one that I might actually build!

hartleymartin

I decided that I will lay the two goods sidings with code 100 rail on flatbottom sleepers. This was inspired by the Easingwold Railway which was originally flatbottom rail, but it was relaid during the second world war with heavier bullhead rail. Some sections of the old track survived in sidings. The other part of my cunning plan is that the change from flatbottom to bullhead rail will indicate the clearance/capacity point for the sidings. I'll have to get onto Karlgarin Models for their O scale Code 100 rail as this has the correct profile for the size of track I want to model.

10422535_10152672043601251_7283190880247

• 6 months later...

*BUMP*

Still planning to do this, but I've had other distractions (ie life in general) which is better suited to working on loco and wagons kits for the time being rather than a layout.

Things do get in the way sometimes, but the rolling stock you have produced lately will be much needed when the per way gets approval from the board of trade.

What happened to all the photos that went with your thread did you have them linked from a photo share site that is no longer.??

My current destruction, distraction is weather related and the layout is Ok and is covered over to protect it until repairs done to the wall & roof just hopeing for some "Power" as camping at home is getting a bit last week.

How did you fair with the storms this week?

I had them up on Facebook. I guess I need to find a better way to host the images.

Try Flickr see the link at the bottom of my posts has a link to my flickr page it's easy to post to and if you need an image for here ie small post to flickr and then choose the medium size is usualy just right for posting

By the way, storms played havoc with general communications, although internet and phone were generally working most of the time, even if at reduced capacity. The biggest problems I faced is the leak in the roof giving us yet another small water feature on my dining table - a bucket permanently resides near the table for this - and the hailstones nearly forced me to cancel playing the organ on Saturday evening for "Good Shepherd Sunday."

The leaking roof is one of the hazards of living in a shared rental property where the landlord clearly has no interest in his tenants.

Archived