Roco/Jagerndorfer couplings.

duff man

Hi all.

I have a Roco Taurus C.A.T. with sound, I would like to know if this version is compatible with the Jagerndorfer C.A.T. high end coach set. There seems to be a issue with the coupling between the loco and coach set. If anyone can shed some light on the issue it would be much appreciated.

many thanks.

Craig.

• 3 months later...

I have the Roco sound CAT Taurus and the High End CAT set from Jägerndorfer. I emailed them to ask if the couplings were compatible and they said they weren't but at no extra charge they would include a standard NEM coupling to fit the the last coach. It's worth asking as the Roco Taurus is better than the Jägerndorfer version. The gap between the coach and loco is larger than normal but I built a homemade short coupling to improve this. 

You will need an ESU Lokpilot decoder in the driving car to control the lights (it has to be an ESU version as Jägerndorfer have set it that certain CVs need changing but they can only advise on ESU). 

James. 

Hi James.

Thanks for your info etc. I have now bought a basic set of coaches and have a function decoder installed. I have to agree with you re the Roco Taurus, a super model in its own right. I don't know which decoder has been installed but all lights work fine in tandem with the loco.

Craig.

Archived