Class 57 Cornish local loco hauled 2014 - the list.

For the record. Summer 2014 loco hauled class 57 Par to Exeter and return to Penzance details.

24 may 602

31 602 return cancelled loco rescued HST at Truro

7 jun 605

14 605

21 605

28 605

5 Jul 605

12 604

19 604

26 604

2 Aug 604

9 604

16 305 Cancelled no driver. Return unit

23 604

30 603

6 sep 305

Talk is its running again next year !

Thanks for the info.  There seems to have been a lot of cancellations recently in the UK for lack of drivers.  This must inconvenience hundreds of passengers so hopefully something will be done to alleviate this problem.

Brian.

6 sep was a unit from Exeter (platform 6) to Penzance, the train had an issue during the run around so 57305 and the train ran as 5C51 1750 EXD-PNZ T&RSMD, it actually departed at 1737 and ran ahead of 2C51 all the way.

Nice list though.

Thanks for the info.  There seems to have been a lot of cancellations recently in the UK for lack of drivers.  This must inconvenience hundreds of passengers so hopefully something will be done to alleviate this problem.

Brian.

The reason for the lack of drivers is because Par depot (or is in Penzance) crews dont sign the 57s so some were specially trained up for it, if none of these few were available then a non57 trained driver would work the service with a unit if one was available. It wouldnt be cost effective to train up too many as they wont be able to keep competency on the traction as they dont have any booked work now.

Was unaware of the return probs on 6 sep - i left depot at 1430 so thanks for update. The ecs up is a Penzance turn with a handful of drivers trained earlier this year.

So it was PZ drivers trained up, I wasnt sure if it was Pz or Par drivers so thanks for the clarification.

It was a working worthy of a day return from Crewe to Bodmin Parkway even if it did mean a 5 o'clock start and a unit over the Devon Banks!!!!!!! Roll on next year then :sungum:

If it was successful couldn't a similar thing be done at the other end on a Saturday with an out and back working to Oxford? I'm sure there would be enough tourists and enthusiasts to make a relief train worthwhile although I guess finding a path would be difficult :(

Archived