BNT Video - Taff Vale Line 1996-2003

br2975

B.N.T. Rail Video

South Wales Series No.2

Taff Vale Line

Running time = 56mins.

Shot on the Taff Vale main line with particular attention to the Radyr and Taffs Well areas this DVD includes footage of . . ..

37521 on a Sunday morning engineers duty passing Radyr Quarry ???box, which opened specially for the train.

The daily trip from Newport A.D.J. (if I remember correctly) to Cathays C & W works with PW wagons for repair is seen running around at Radyr with 37158 and on another occasion with 37097.

Tower ??? Aberthaw MGR workings with Classes 37 / 56 & 60 and including blue Romanian 56004.

Radyr station during the remodelling and resignalling of the mid to late 1990s; which was of personal interest to yours truly, as it was an area where one would catch 40 winks at the end of a night shift ??? and the up empties to Tower would act as an alarm clock !

Numerous loco hauled services, excursions and the sadly missed Rugexes

Also sandite fitted 37229 going about its business.

This is a follow up to South Wales Series (No.1)

Rhymney Valley Loco Hauled 1993-2006

Those who have a copy of the first DVD will know what to expect, with some of the locations being familiar, and others not so. In this case one of my favourites features, the former Pentyrch Crossing with the Marquess of Butes folly Castell Coch high in the background.

I may be biased, as the settings for this volume are all extremely local to me, but I can only say its well worth the cover price and is highly entertaining.

Thoroughly recommended (what's next ?)

Both Volumes 1 and 2 are available from the Ian Allan, Cardiff branch.

Brian R

Cardiff

Archived