RNA Nuclear Flask Barrier wagons converted from HEAs

Hi All.

In this year's July Hornby mag there was a short article on how to go about this conversion using a Bachmann (or similar) HEA.

Although I don't have a Flask wagon, I though it would be interesting to have a couple of these running on the layout along with their associated CAR brake van.

My good friend, Dave Larkin supplied some RNA photos and I looked on Paul Bartlett's site for the CAR brake.

These were apparently Standard BR 20t brake vans which were 'Air Piped' so had yellow patches painted on their bodies.

There are some interesting variations of the yellow patches to be seen, so I chose the one with the least. No point in over exerting yourself, now, it there?

Fox do the RNA transfers but I can't find any for the CAR at present.

Their first run will be on Falcon Road TMD this coming weekend at the Worthing Show.

Dave

post-509-0-99697400-1411504092_thumb.jpg

post-509-0-04716700-1411504107_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi All.

In this year's July Hornby mag there was a short article on how to go about this conversion using a Bachmann (or similar) HEA.

Although I don't have a Flask wagon, I though it would be interesting to have a couple of these running on the layout along with their associated CAR brake van.

My good friend, Dave Larkin supplied some RNA photos and I looked on Paul Bartlett's site for the CAR brake.

These were apparently Standard BR 20t brake vans which were 'Air Piped' so had yellow patches painted on their bodies.

There are some interesting variations of the yellow patches to be seen, so I chose the one with the least. No point in over exerting yourself, now, it there?

Fox do the RNA transfers but I can't find any for the CAR at present.

Their first run will be on Falcon Road TMD this coming weekend at the Worthing Show.

Dave

Hi Dave,

The CAR decals are on one of the old Woodhead Transfers sheets - will try and find one to give you the ref no.

Try Rail Tech decals website to see if he has done them already.

Thanks

Archived