Dcc lights wiring (21 pin)

virginhst539

Needing some help regarding wiring an additional light to my Bachmann 55s. Currently got 55022 ready for it's high intensity marker and I want to have it wired up and not just stuck on. The loco is fitted with biffs 21 pin sound decoder and I don't have a clue how to wire in the LED and resistor to work with the existing lighting or to the decoder. It should be noted I'm still fairly new to Dcc in the way I have not idea about CVs ect bit hopefully should not have to play about with them.

Thanks, JT

Bachmann's website has this diagram for the pin-outs on 21-pin decoders: http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/21pin_plug_wiring_diagram-1.pdf .

You could add the extra light to the exiting head/tail light wiring, or put them on the aux 1 and aux 2 outputs, which would then require a minimum of a four function decoder to take full advantage of the lighting being on separate functions. If it is not a sound decoder then doing it that way will use F0 for the existing lights, F1 for one end extra light and F2 for the other end.

The return current should join the common return (blue) wire or terminal.

F1 & F2 would not be possible as I would lose The start up and high tone. Will need to get a look at them as there are two needing it done. There is also not much room to play with in the Bachmann deltics. Knowing me I will some how end up with it's operating with the tail lights!

With sound decoders, use the aux 1 and 2 outputs as before. In this case it depends on the sound project but I fitted extra lights to a Bachmann class 20 with Howes' sound (ESU LokSound) fitted and the extra functions are on F11 and F12 - see my workbench blog for a fuller description of what I did. You'll note that I did specify the F1 and F2 for a non-sound decoder in my previous post.

Archived