Thin laser ply avalible from the new year by UK supplier

For sometime I have been working on sourcing thin ply, 0.8-3.0mm more suited for laser cutting than the normal aircraft grade plys that's currently available, as I am sure you will know normal laser ply 3mm upwards cuts great with little burning etc but as soon as the resin glues in the aircraft ply gets involved the edge burning inconsistant cutting etc.

From January Hanson plywood in Halifax will be stocking finish birch ply with interior glue, I am awaiting some samples to confirm the impovement in cutting, I should just say I have no relationship with them just thought it would be useful to share the information.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let the group know I have had the samples come in 1mm 1.5mm and 2mm birch ply AB/B grade interior glue and the difference in cutting is remakable compared with normal thin ply, it cuts with much less power and faster, for example the 2mm cuts cleanly and completely at the same kind of setting I have to use for 0.8mm ply, and the cut has little edge burning that you can run your fingers along with no 'soot' transfer, much like normal laser ply that is normally only avaliable 4mm upwards.

Hope this infomation is of use to the group.

• 3 years later...