Voith Gravita shunter coming up from Brawa

NGT6 1315

• RMweb Premium

I am quite sure Brawa will do several releases of this model. Of course, I do wonder what the price tag will read - Brawa being one of the more expensive brands, as I'm sure you know.

I am still thinking about getting their 19 1001 eventually... :unsure:

• RMweb Premium

One addition: Brawa's Gravita probably will not be ready before early 2011. However, Waggonfabrik's Maxima is now being shipped - Voith employees who pre-ordered them will be served first, with retailers being served in approximately four weeks.

• RMweb Premium

Some news about the Gravita - the real one, though: The first two DB engines 260 001 and 002 were spotted while in transit to Celle - click here for a link to Drehscheibe Online's spotting board in order to see some photos.

Sharp-looking locos, if you ask me! B) Looking all the more forward to the model, too.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, might do for a HS1 layout though...Hmm

Mehano did several H0 scale releases of the G1206 and other related Vossloh diesels. These can be difficult to get nowadays, but I think converting one into a EWS engine should be possible.

I myself spent quite some time looking for a pair of SNCB class 77s - which are a related type - as twenty of these are fitted and certified for Germany. However, I did not have any luck so far.

Mehano did several H0 scale releases of the G1206 and other related Vossloh diesels. These can be difficult to get nowadays, but I think converting one into a EWS engine should be possible.

Minitrix do quite a good model of the G1206 in N. Its included in one of last year's train sets, so can be found on eBay.de as split sets for about 50 Euro, a great bargain! The train set model is in a Spanish infrastructure livery, but I think its also been in a few German open-access operator liveries and NS over the last few years.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hmm - I just read a notice on a German modelling forum that Ade will actually do a H0 scale Gravita, not Brawa :huh: . I'll keep an eye on this development to see whether this is an actual fact.

Hi,

They look similar, but the ones at Dollands Moor, which are Class 21's, are manfactured by Vossloh not Voith.

Simon

Only one made the trip to Dolland's Moor, en-route to Toton. Subsequently, I haven't seen them more than once or twice at Frethun (and I usually go over up to four times a week), which makes me think they've been moved elsewhere.

Thanks, might do for a HS1 layout though...Hmm

David

They're not fitted with TVM, and would be underpowered for any freight/ maintenance duties on HS1- have you seen the gradient on the link from DM to HS1? When they work autoballasters up it, they have a 66 at either end of 5 wagons..

Archived