NRM Excusivity and the Midland Compound 1000

Ronny

Some of you may have read that I was unhappy that the NRM exclusive Midland Compound 1000 has been also released as part of the Bachmann Thames Clyde Express train set at a much lower price. Seemed to me that the promise of exclusivity had been broken. The lower price just rubbed a little salt into the wound.

I wasn't hugely upset but enough to drop a couple of sentences on a thread here. I was promptly told that I had nothing to complain about. Bachmann/NRM were just taking a reasonable business decision to unload excessive unsold stock.

Mmmmm

So I wrote an email to both Bachmann & NRM inviting their comments. Bachmann passed their copy to the NRM and Brian Greenwood replied for both.

A definite A++ to Brian for a lengthy and detailed reply. He asked that I not publish the reply so I won't but he did explain the thought process that lay behind their decision. All water under the bridge now but I would like to pass on a sentence from the concluding paragraph:

"I can also confirm that the forthcoming C1 Atlantic will only be available, in all variants, from the NRM through our Locomotion shop"

So I pre-ordered one. See, life sometimes does have happy endings :-)

Archived