7mm scale LNWR station seats sought for club layout

TEAMYAKIMA

Hi

Twickenham & District MRC are seeking some discontinued Southwark Bridge Models for super detailing our 7mm Addison Road project.

Specifically their LNWR station seats .... like this example at the NRM ..

post-4476-0-18745900-1414049419_thumb.jpg

Anyone know of any for sale?

BTW - We are doing a full blog on our Addison Road project in tghe 7mm+ sub-forum

Sorry I am unable to help you with the seats. In fact I am looking for some to grace the platform of Ramchester. I have been talking to Chris Ward about having some 3D printed but as I have been out of action for a while with a heart by pass op I have not been able to pursue this.

I am looking forward to your forthcoming thread on the RMweb.

Railwayrod

Doing the metal 'frames' as a 3D print would be pretty easy work, then use plastic or hardwood strip for the planks. If someone could get a clear photo from close to side-on and an approximate size of one of the planks. 5 minute job to develop a file for submission to Shapeways etc... message me if I can be of assistance (as I'll need a few nice looking platform benches myself at some stage!).

Doing the metal 'frames' as a 3D print would be pretty easy work, then use plastic or hardwood strip for the planks. If someone could get a clear photo from close to side-on and an approximate size of one of the planks. 5 minute job to develop a file for submission to Shapeways etc... message me if I can be of assistance (as I'll need a few nice looking platform benches myself at some stage!).

Could the same be applied to 4mm? guessing it would have to be plasticard for the planks. Rought idea of cost per set of 3 metal frames?

Cheers

David

The problem with 3D printing would be getting the scrollwork thin enough to look right. In theory in 7mm scale it should be possible to bend up the ironwork parts from brass strip - the main problem being getting them all the same!

Thanks, TeamYakima, for posting the picture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not 100% sure what the deal is ........... I will look into this ....... we didn't produce these with a view to selling them but I will enquire ............ if anyone else is interested please PM me

It now appears that our LNWR are scratchbuilt rather than from 'kits' so regret we cannot supply kits/parts to anyone else. Apologies!

Archived