Photos - Help Identification please

Steve-e

I've recently obtained some "photos" they are all originals but are really small from 1cm x 3cm to about 4cm x 5cm it was suggested by the seller they were 'contact' photos, most are taken from the Addison Road (Kensington Olympia) station with a few from Kings Cross all around 1933ish some have details written on the back and not been steam man I'm having fun using the macro function on my phone to copy and enlarge them and slowly chipping away at identifying the locos / classes etc....

But I'm stuck with some...

Here's the first one a coaling tower but it doesn't look like all the coaling towers I have looked at on photographic sites as it has the weights and top showing. It maybe under construction perhaps.

I've zoomed in on the Wagon which is also interesting as that looks like the original photographers main interest and it looks to be a GWR Cordon as seen in the Finescale magazine that has just been published.

post-12740-0-59717800-1414116529_thumb.jpg

Where's this?

post-12740-0-27659500-1414116530_thumb.jpg

GWR Cordon Wagon with LMS wagons.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks in advance..

Steve

A suggestion based on what looks like LNER teak carriages in the background and a possible ex-NER locomotive - York MPD.

Could be it looks very similar to this shot https://www.flickr.com/photos/23987565@N05/6476380527

Apparently the NER/LNER had some Cordon style Gas wagons which went for filling in York aswell.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I think PH is right. I've got a picture of a WD under that coaler - the wooden ramp at the RHS is identical (there's a similar ramp on the other side,but it's screened by wagons in your pictures). I can't share the picture, because the copyright is owned by Colour Rail.

Archived