Lights on - off - on - off - on - off

ebbwdent

This is a bit of a strange one and i'm after your thoughts on *why* this is happening.

On a Bachmann 66 with a 21pin Bachmann decoder using a Lenz LH100, when i increase the speed steps one by one, the head and tail lights come and go off. To explain better, starting at step 0, the lights are off. Increase to step 1 and the lights come on. Increase to step 2 and the lights go off. Increase to step 3 and the lights come on. And so on.

Any thoughts on why this is the case? I'd be inclined to do a decoder reset to see if this cures it, but i'd be interested to hear if anyone has had something similar or can 'shed' ('scuse the pun) any light on it.

Ta.

This is what happens if the controller is set to 14 speed steps and the loco to 28/128 or vice versa. You should never need to use 14 speed steps these days, just check your LH100 setup and your decoder CVs and make sure they are all on 28/128 and not 14 speed steps.

Keith

If you can read CV29 you might like to add two to it, if not try putting 2 in CV29.

This is a symptom of the decoder being set to 14/27 step mode and the controller being set to 28 step mode. Other combinations will not cause that precise symptom.

You might like to set your controller to 126 step mode at the same time to guarantee getting the best results from your equipment.

Hi Suzie/Grovenor.

There is only one loco that displays this behaviour, so what you say about this being a decoder with 14/27 step mode seems spot on. I'll take your advice re the controller just to be sure. Thanks both for your swift replies.

Archived