Jump to content


Recommended Posts

The ‘Weekly Notices’ record that the Down sidings were taken out of use in March 1959 and the Down Advanced Starting signal was abolished in Sep that year.

There is at least one reference from Sep 1963 that the connection to the Up siding and its discs “had been” recovered. No date for when it was taken out of use, but there is a suggestion from one source that it was June 1963. Does anyone know please?

In the absence of any information to the contrary, it is assumed that the crossover remained in use until the signal-box closed in July 1964 – can anyone confirm that please?

Link to post
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...