RMweb

Just arrived from B-T Models (Base Toys as was) another version from the Crew bus moulding. This time an earlier version of the Morris FG coachbuilt parcel vans, with sliding cab doors. A very good effort considering the body it started out as. Easily made into a decent model by shortening the overhang behind the back axle.

Based on a 1960 model supplied to the Western Region, they were also run by the Midland from about 1962. Later getting yellow livery branded with both types of Rail freight lettering.

post-1625-0-03012800-1316263984.jpg

post-1625-0-14312900-1316264004.jpg

And a couple of recent quickies from Oxford castings. The Land Rover station wagon in Garda colours easily made into one of the Railtrack Incident Response vehicles that were used by the Great Western area before those Toyota Hilux pick ups we now see everywhere.

post-1625-0-17737300-1316264207.jpg

From an old photo, delivered to Eastleigh Works in 1960, the Bedford TJ ambulance.

post-1625-0-11157600-1316264321.jpg

A bit before 'Yellowvanman's time I would imagine. :)

Merf.

Good pics Merf, how much does the FG need shortening by.

I guess the best way to achieve this is to cut the back off and take a slice off, trouble is in so doing you would loose a bit of that nice printed ad on the side :no2:

Good question, I seem to remember it was about 10mm on the previous one I did (the angled door version) Just found it and measured it, yes 10mm exactly.

I did think about the advert, which looks good, but cannot see an answer to it. I plan to do mine yellow as a LMR one so it would have not carried that one.

Merf.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats this then Merf , at start of nice little film about Market Weighton station 1965.

http://www.yfaonline...Keyword&start=1

Just what I like jcb, a good mystery for the little grey cells.

Looks to me to be a Bedford, a TJ4LC or TJ5LC (5 or 6 ton) The film made in 1965 and the lorry looks new.

I have in my list for the North Eastern Region some mystery Bedford 'trucks', registered BDN603/5/13C and BVY720/1/2C.

Could it be one of these, in the same batch were 2 x Tippers on Bedford TJ5SC5 chassis ?

Previously the engineers departments had similar van bodies on Fordson Thames ET6 chassis, so the Bedies could be replacments for those. Shame the reg. not visible.

Anybody else any ideas please ?

Merf.

Just what I like jcb, a good mystery for the little grey cells.

Looks to me to be a Bedford, a TJ4LC or TJ5LC (5 or 6 ton) The film made in 1965 and the lorry looks new.

I have in my list for the North Eastern Region some mystery Bedford 'trucks', registered BDN603/5/13C and BVY720/1/2C.

Could it be one of these, in the same batch were 2 x Tippers on Bedford TJ5SC5 chassis ?

Previously the engineers departments had similar van bodies on Fordson Thames ET6 chassis, so the Bedies could be replacments for those. Shame the reg. not visible.

Anybody else any ideas please ?

Merf.

Coincidence today !

I just recieved some DVDs I ordered from Fastline Video. The first one I looked at had a short piece about renewing a level crossing with boom gates in Hull. And there on the site was what certainly looked like an identical Bedford TJ with that box body. Same part of the world so could even have been the same one. Makes me think they were probably S&T vehicles. Still too far away to read registration.

Merf.

Edited by Merfyn Jones

That is a coincidence, fairly sure its a Bedford at Market Weighton ,does the lower writing on the body side say North Eastern Region?

I'm sure you are right about it saying North Eastern Region as the Southern had a habit of declaring ownership on green livery too.

M.

• 2 weeks later...

post-6974-0-32944700-1318758573.jpg

Lifted from the John Ayrey website, release date is 2012 tba.

Check out other Oxford Diecast releases for 2012, do a google search for 'John Ayrey', click on product lists>Oxford Diecast>OO Gauge. Look for release dates of 2012 for the new announcements.

Kevin

post-6974-0-32944700-1318758573.jpg

Lifted from the John Ayrey website, release date is 2012 tba.

Check out other Oxford Diecast releases for 2012, do a google search for 'John Ayrey', click on product lists>Oxford Diecast>OO Gauge. Look for release dates of 2012 for the new announcements.

Kevin

Nice find Kev. I saw the bare casting in June and it looked good. The N R livery looks spot on. Just for comparison, here is the one I used to have.

Merf.

post-1625-0-52416600-1318789121.jpg

I am sure they could do better with the printed on window though

Cheers

Jim

It is a pre-pro, so I guess we'll be waiting and seeing, all else fails, use some nail varnish remover to remove the window and just have it as a NR van or produce a better home made transfer to lay over the top.

It is a pre-pro, so I guess we'll be waiting and seeing, all else fails, use some nail varnish remover to remove the window and just have it as a NR van or produce a better home made transfer to lay over the top.

Second option I think !

Too late to change now as I gather they are on the boat.

Merf.

A few recent models from the workbench.

Oxford's Bedford CASV personnel carrier is a very nice job, just needed the registration and fleet numbers adding for correct ones.

post-1625-0-11709100-1319462317.jpg

The Oxford Commer Q25, done as a Northe Eastern Engineers van.

post-1625-0-24609800-1319462342.jpg

The second version of Corgi's Coles crane is in B R crimson livery. All these seem to have been customised by their depots, and this one is based on photos by Chris Leigh in Model Rail of one at Longsight shed. The only thing I have done is paint the jib cream as all the pictures I have show that colour.

post-1625-0-12008300-1319462368.jpg

B-T Leyland FG 3ton dropside, based on a B R official photo of one with tail lift fitted. New body built and detail added. The black rubber round the windows improves the looks. Registration given for a 73/4 model, as the photo lacks one.

post-1625-0-12124700-1319462404.jpg

Merf.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Merf, Would it be alot of trouble for you to show a pic of all your models on scene so to speak. Or is that to many?

Regards, Gordon Wil.

Hi Gordon

Sorry to be away for a while. I did find a couple of pictures at an exhibition at Crewe Heritage Centre, last year. There are many more in boxes and draws, far too many to display at once. This just shows some of the variety.

Cheers Merf.

post-1625-0-23498100-1320165153.jpg

post-1625-0-47945600-1320165180.jpg