Gauntleted track on a micro

• RMweb Premium

The subject of gauntleted track is being discussed at the moment and I am thinking the technique would let you model the stage exit for "double track" by way of a narrow bridge or tunnel in a small space, I can think of a couple of possibilities. One is a model of a half station, with up and down lines. The other is a combined passenger/freight or network rail/preservation scene, where the track systems are physically separate on the modelled scene, but share a common fiddle yard.

I am in a circular/recursive layout planning mode which is starting to hurt, and I am throwing this into the forum because I haven't seen it done and it says 'different' to me. Also if I am going to build my own track, it would give something akin to a point without moving parts.

- Richard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

No developments except to add, any indexing of a traverser or sector table in the fiddle yard will need some thought. Perhaps the two pairs of rails should diverge by most of half the gauge before they meet the moving section. At the end of the day, if I am going to try building my own track I may as well tackle something which will never be available commercially.

- Richard.

Archived