O Gauge Platform Help

Derbys65

Hi folks im after help and advice from all you master builders out there. 

Im needing platforms for the layout , can anyone help or point me in a suitable direction on how i can make some O gauge platforms :scratchhead: , all 4' of em. 

I know some folks use wood others use card etc, as there isnt really any readily available in the size, or correct me if im wrong .  :triniti:

Thanks in advance to hopefully some replies.  :help:

I used a combination of a solid wood former that the edging and paving fits to and also a self made honeycomb arrangement. again using the edging and paving.

Ready made platforms to the shape and length to your design could well be very rare unless they are straight and you match the track plan to the ready made platform.  

• 3 weeks later...

I made a goods yard platform for Dock Green from foamboard. Strips of the stuff stuck on edge for the sides and cross supports. The top surface is also foamboard. I stuck plastic brick sheet to the sides with TimeBond and planked the top surface with strips cut from 0.8mm ply' glued down with "sticky" PVA. If you didn't want a timber top surface you could use fine grit wet and dry paper to represent tarmac.

Chaz

Archived