Blog- Ian Holmes' Blog - Catching up

RSS Fetcher

A week without RMWeb is a long time, we've all come to realise.

What has gone on in the Ian Holmes Model Railway world in that time?

Firstly on Friday there was the sad news of the demise of the Athearn Blue Box kit of Rolling stock. I started in HO Scale with them. in fact my fiorst ever layout 72nd Street yard was filled with athearn blue box kits. the term kit was a misnomer really as they were nothing but disassembled RTR models that you put together yourself. Didn't Corgi do something similar with their range of die cast cars many years ago?

Times move on and the quality of kits has improved. Still it was a sad day to think they won't be on the shelves in the future.

Layout wise I started on spray painting the Walthers dumpsters for the 7 day layout. Better to have them all the same colour I thought. So I found an old can of dark blue in my paint box and gave them a coat of paint next up I'll weather them and put them on the layout.

Finally I added yet another blog, this one www.awe-docker.blogspot.com is not directly concerned with railroad modelling though there's no tellings where it might end up. Its more a personal discovery of Great Lakes Ore docks and wether it is possible to convincingly model one in a small space. Pop over there and discover Ore docks why don't you?

View the full article

Archived