RMweb

Very disappointed with loksound decoder? Help please!

Secretsquirrel69

The PowerCab has (for example) a specific button for the headlight and another for the horn/whistle.

Assuming that the decoder is responding and the speaker is connect if you press the Horn/Whistle button you should get an audible response from the decoder through the speaker.

If that works press the '1' key and that will turn the sound on eventually.

How many pins are there on the decoder? It sounds like 21 if it will only fit one way as the 22nd pin is missing - the others have an equal number of pins so I believe that the decoder can be fitted either way. Have you inadvertently bent a pin - been there, done that? I also believe it is possible to fit a 21 pin decoder upside down (but don't ask how I know)!

Can you confirm whether the loco moves at all when you use the throttle?

Ray,

I think you are correct.

I have fitted a 21 pin decoder upside down and the symptoms were the same. A ticking sound.

It as the end of the decoder, unfortunately.

Bob 

So what happened in the end?  I never like it when people come on and ask for help, get it but then never report back as to whether it's worked or not.

DT

Nice to kmow that everyone's help and advice has been appreciated!

Hello again. Sorry for delay, been waiting for response from supplier. It was apparently faulty. Refunded. Went to my local shop today, Bachmann 57 in hand, for a test of a loksound decoder, which just plugged and played. Very impressed I must say. Only thing is its so very Loud! Im still working on how to turn the master volume down. At least it wasn't me or my powercab! Still getting used to having functions to play with! Thanks for all contributions, turn out it was exactly what it looked like - a faulty one. Ordered my next one today for my Hornby 31. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Loksound speakers are covered by a two year guarantee if bought from an authorised dealer. If there is a fault, return it to the dealer from whence you bought it and they should replace it free of charge.

Archived