Digitrainsound Zimo MX644D

Rowsley17D

• RMweb Gold

I fitted the above sound decoder in my Bachy 3F but there is the sound of Westinghouse air pump on the random sounds the loco makes when stationary. It can also be made to play when F8 is used. To my knowledge 3Fs never had Westinghouse brakes, and the model certainly doesn't. I have managed to disable the F8 button by making the CV = 1 (cannot remember the CV number now but it is on the Zimo website), but it still makes the pumping sound as part of the random list. Is there any way of getting rid of it please?

Yes there is.

At the top of 'DCC Sound' there are some 'pinned' topics. 

Go to this one http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/86328-zimo-decoders-how-to-adjust-individual-sound-levelsupdated/&do=findComment&comment=1465691

It tells you, amongst other useful info, how to adjust the volume of each random sound. The list only refers to random sound 1, random sound 2 etc because sound project compliers can use any of them for any sound. There are eight to try, but start from Random Sound 1 as this has a bias to operate compressors and air pumps soon after stopping (as using the brakes depletes the system).

So, CV745 = 1 should do the trick.

Kind regards,

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Thanks,  Paul. No time to try tonight as I have packed up for the evening and am away for a couple of days from tomorrow so will try when I get back at the weekend.

Hi Paul, that seems to have done the trick, thanks.

Archived