Sedgeley Junction revisited? - another Dudley Tram proposal

• RMweb Gold

An item from the Wolverhamton Express and Star. The suggestion for building a light rail link from Wednesbury through Dudley to Merry Hill has been around in Centro for many yeatrs, but this proposal seems to be about a company wanting to get involved with the development of train trams and using part of the old line for showing them off.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2014/12/01/new-20m-rail-link-between-sandwell-and-dudley/

• RMweb Gold

A bit more background, Warwick Manufacturing Group is part of University of Warwick. It is big on automotive industry development work and such things as low carbon technology. It has apparently already done some work with Network Rail but I don't know what that involved.  I believe it has some funding in place to do development following on from the Parry People Mover on the Stourbridge Town branch and is proposing to set up a Light Rail Research facility at Dudley.

A bit more background, Warwick Manufacturing Group is part of University of Warwick. It is big on automotive industry development work and such things as low carbon technology. It has apparently already done some work with Network Rail but I don't know what that involved.  I believe it has some funding in place to do development following on from the Parry People Mover on the Stourbridge Town branch and is proposing to set up a Light Rail Research facility at Dudley.

I hope it doesn't come to fruition as to my eyes it would be a waste of the South Staffs line, I'd rather see a Walsall to Stourbridge via Dudley heavy rail service.

Archived