DXF background import issues.

Beatty 139

Just wondering what I have missed with importing a DXF in as a background?

I have done it once with a file that had hatched areas various layers etc, as a Autocad 2000 DXF when it imported as a back ground hatches didn't import, no great supprise as they ofen don't. So as I have revised things I drew the base boards in a single layer only with no hatching but it won't appear to import, I have opened the DXF in Coral and a eviewer to make sure there is not an issue with it and it's fine, read the help pages etc, so I was just wondering what I have missed!

First time I tried it kind of worked first time and except for a couple of hitches was ok, so baffled why with a drawing designed to iron out the hitches I have an issue!

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

The DXF import into Templot is quite primitive and was only really intended for vectorised scanned maps and track plans. It will import only simple 2-D lines and arcs, no solid entities, no hatching, and no blocks. When saving a DXF file for import into Templot, go to Setup/Options in the Save dialog and select Unblock or Explode Blocks.

Note that if you just want baseboard outlines and other simple shapes you can create them directly in Templot's Background Shapes functions. In the latest Templot update I have added a quick access for that:

2_192011_520000000.png

regards,

Martin.

Many thanks for that Martin, I will have another go over the weekend, I was just a bit foxed that I made it work once, with some issues, but simplified the drawing to find nothing, I have to say I am enjoying getting my head around how it all works and it looks a great tool, able to do far more than I want.

Archived