Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

SPROG

nickbown20

Hi,

I've been using the latest SPROG with JMRI for a while to control trains, points, and programme decoders. However whilst I can still program decoders, I can't seem to control the trains anymore. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? I've checked that DCC signal is in the tracks with a Train-Tech tester, and there is no problem there. I'm quite confused as to what I might of done!

Regards

Nick

• RMweb Premium

Nick

I'm afraid I've no idea whats wrong but have you joined the JMRIusers group on Yahoo!

It is very active and you'll get a speedy answer and advice to help you sort out your problem.

If you can program the the SPROG is basically working.

Have you tried locos on more than one address? If you have used a throttle in programmer mode and then tried to use the same address in command station mode the loco will probably not run correctly. Select an unused address in the programmer mode throttle before switching to command station mode, or turn the power off and on again (shut down JMRI first).

Andrew

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if any solution to your problem was ever found? I too have been using a Sprog with Withrottle. I can still programme locos and can even get sound and lights to work but as soon as i try and get locos to move they move for a split second then stop. Happening with every loco. Very frustrating and i havent got a clue why. It was literally working one minute then hasnt worked since.

Edit: Having just played about with it it seems all the locos work fine up until they reach speedstep 15 on WiThrottle where they cut out. The lights remain on though aswell as sound... its almost as if above 15 is unreadable for it. Im perplexed!

It sounds like the SPROG has somehow been set to 14 speed step mode.

Open the SPROG console in JMRI, send the command 'M', What do you get in reply?

Send the command 'M h800', then 'W' (without the quotes) to revert to 128 speed steps.

Andrew

It sounds like the SPROG has somehow been set to 14 speed step mode.

Open the SPROG console in JMRI, send the command 'M', What do you get in reply?

Send the command 'M h800', then 'W' (without the quotes) to revert to 128 speed steps.

Andrew

Thanks for your reply. I havent had chance to have a look yet bu twill do and will let you know my findings. Excuse my lack of knowledge as its all a bit new to me and sorry if im asking stupid questions but when you say open the sprog console in JMRI and send the command M... I am not sure ho to go about this. Having opened JMRI where should i be looking from there?

Many thanks for the response its massively appreciated.

The console is under the SPROG menu in the main JMRI window. Hopefully it's will be obvious from there :)

Andrew

Andrew, what you suggested it might be was exactly right. Followed your advice and checked under the Sprog menu and it had indeed somehow been set to 14 steps instead of 128. I could have been there forever trying to spot that. Thanks again for the help its greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Scott.

Archived