Chinese Laser Cutter Control Board Upgrade

Hi

I am having some issues with the communications between one of my generic Chinese laser cutters and the PC via its USB link.

Although I am just about to start going through the PCB for faults through Christmas.... who would have wished for that! I was wondering if anyone has swopped one of these out for an upgrade more modern one such as are found in quantities in ebay?

Although over the last few years I have changed or rebuilt most things, this one is new to me and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or advice on what to look for or avoid from what was on the market?

Kind Regards and seasons greetings

Andy

Before you mistrust the boards, try swapping the USB lead. Ideally, try the shortest stoutest one you have. I have found several leads of mine very suspect at higher data speeds even when used just for disk transfers, and have scrapped a few after proving to myself that they were the culprit and not the laptop, Arduino, scanner or printer.

Hi, thanks for that, tried running with 2 cables and two diffrent PC's but no joy, had a mate who's a hardware wizard look at it today and he is convinced it's a IC issue after having his scope on it.

It look like the RDLC420-B has now been updated to a RDLC320 with quite a few added features so I think that's the route I will go down resulting in a current spec machine without the major expense. I have even found a local firm who will supply and fit for less than I can buy the parts direct, but I want to see the specification of what they are offering first before I sign on the dotted line.

Archived