Information sort about 1950/60 00gauge loco builder

oldfool

Does anyone know whether Fourmillaid made locomotives to order, or if they had an outlet selling ready made locomotives in '00' gauge sometime during the 1950's and possibly earley 1960's? Also did they advertise in the journals.

I would be interested to know,

regards oldfool.

Does anyone know whether Fourmillaid made locomotives to order, or if they had an outlet selling ready made locomotives in '00' gauge sometime during the 1950's and possibly earley 1960's? Also did they advertise in the journals.

I would be interested to know,

regards oldfool.

As far as I can tell from reading the old magazines, Fourmillaid were a consortium who made locomotives to order, and rather nice ones at that. I vaguely recall seeing small adverts in the classified sections and they received a fair few plugs in MRN.

• 3 months later...

I have a vague recollection of a 'Formillaid' Chassis for the, then, recently released Wills Midland Flatiron 0-6-4T, being reviewed in the MRC in the mid to late 60s and thinking how expensive it was!!.

Although the memory plays tricks I seem to think the address was in North Yorkshire. But I shall stand to be corrected if anyone knows different.

Archived