Why would haa 'merry-go-round' coal hoppers be in a speedlink service in East Anglia?

More ammo for mixing hea and haa wagons:

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=37217%20coal%20peterborough&sm=3

I have more than enough stock to represent this train........

I have watched all of Dieselbob666 videos taken at March and i'm sure we do see a sequence of events. Again the train seen in the video above contains cripples. I suspect the HAA's accumulated at March and were sent to somewhere that dealt with such wagons regularly (maybe Knottingley?).. At least one HEA is loaded. I'm sure the discreet coal network worked better than to send a loaded wagon back north? The Lynn - Foxton coal ran via Whitemoor as did a Thoresby - Chinnor flow. Claydon also took both types? The cripples from these jobs would end up at Whitemoor. The HEA's covered the coal depots at Cambridge, Letchworth and Broxborne. though i think they came from South Wales via Washwood Heath. There was a Co-Op coal depot next to Peterborough Station too.

I have watched all of Dieselbob666 videos taken at March and i'm sure we do see a sequence of events. Again the train seen in the video above contains cripples. I suspect the HAA's accumulated at March and were sent to somewhere that dealt with such wagons regularly (maybe Knottingley?).. At least one HEA is loaded. I'm sure the discreet coal network worked better than to send a loaded wagon back north? The Lynn - Foxton coal ran via Whitemoor as did a Thoresby - Chinnor flow. Claydon also took both types? The cripples from these jobs would end up at Whitemoor. The HEA's covered the coal depots at Cambridge, Letchworth and Broxborne. though i think they came from South Wales via Washwood Heath. There was a Co-Op coal depot next to Peterborough Station too.

he does have some interesting videos, I'm still working my way through them. I did wonder why only 1 hea appeared to be loaded, it's the last wagon in the hea cut which would make for easier shunting into a siding, but not with the haa's on the rear too. They were interesting times!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My dad has a copy of that book, I'll have a looky next time I'm back in Norfolk.

Sounds like it's a more common occurance than I thought having haa wagons in speed link services, it's just not something I'd seen a picture of in any of my speed link or railfreight books.

Cheers

So I've just had a look in the book and seen the picture of a 31 hauling a solitary haa to Lowestoft........so much why?! (Does it give my set of haa's an excuse to be at riverside?!)

Archived