Luggage compartment grills

Dunno if is the right place to ask (though possibly the best place) .

Where can I obtain some etched Luggage compartment grills in 4mm scale now that 247 Developments have stopped supplying?

Have looked on Wizard/comet and Frogmore but can't see any.

Any pointers most welcome !

Blacksmith have been consigned to the realms of history I think Adrian !

Nothing of the sort.  The grills are available at £2.50 a fret - for details click on this link.

Blacksmith Models were sold a few years ago to people in north Lincolnshire who seemed to be out of their depth and the list went in to serious decline.  

Paul Dunn of Coopercraft bought the range and has reintroduced some items.  His website is not up to date so it is worth seeking him out at shows to find out more.  I know Paul is working on the reintroduction of more kits but as some require new drawings and patterns for etches and castings (some are missing and others not clearly labelled), and he works alone, it is a very big job he has taken on.  I am well aware that he is currently working on the reintroduction of the GWR steam railmotors, 59'6" and 70', as I have a test etch of the valve gear to make for him.  There is still much work to be done and Paul does not have a date in mind yet for their release, but nevertheless, bits do reappear periodically.  Don't forget that he still has the Coopercraft range to maintain.

Nothing of the sort.  The grills are available at £2.50 a fret - for details click on this link.

Blacksmith Models were sold a few years ago to people in north Lincolnshire who seemed to be out of their depth and the list went in to serious decline.  

Paul Dunn of Coopercraft bought the range and has reintroduced some items.  His website is not up to date so it is worth seeking him out at shows to find out more.  I know Paul is working on the reintroduction of more kits but as some require new drawings and patterns for etches and castings (some are missing and others not clearly labelled), and he works alone, it is a very big job he has taken on.  I am well aware that he is currently working on the reintroduction of the GWR steam railmotors, 59'6" and 70', as I have a test etch of the valve gear to make for him.  There is still much work to be done and Paul does not have a date in mind yet for their release, but nevertheless, bits do reappear periodically.  Don't forget that he still has the Coopercraft range to maintain.

Hi,

May I thank you for your post.

This is particularly good news - especially the future availability of further railmotor kits.

Regards

I knew that they now were with Coopercraft. It was the availability of product from Coopercraft (which has been questioned in a rather long thread in the Smaller Suppliers area) that promped my comment about availability. If the problems mentioned there have been resolved then I will be very happy.

Those Blacksmith etches are very nice.

Adrian

All very well "see him at shows" but when you are three and a half thousand miles away it can be a tad tricky !

Having also read about the hit n'miss nature of the way he conducts his business , it eeally doesn't inspire confidence.

I phoned Paul at Coopercraft today and he tells me he has stock so I ordered some.

He told me the guy who does the etching for him can be a tad hit or miss on resupply orders.

So Blacksmith may well rise again.....

I shall probably order some off Mr Geen when I rustle up enough cash for some 8' 6" Dean bogies!

Paul Dunn of Coopercraft bought the range and has reintroduced some items.

It's good news if the Blacksmith range will be maintained. I just browsed the CooperCraft website (thanks for the link) but there is no sign of their 7mm coaches. Does anyone know what the situation is? I'm not in a hurry by any means, but would certainly hope to buy some more Blacksmith coaches at some point, so hoping...

Best

Simon

It's good news if the Blacksmith range will be maintained. I just browsed the CooperCraft website (thanks for the link) but there is no sign of their 7mm coaches. Does anyone know what the situation is? I'm not in a hurry by any means, but would certainly hope to buy some more Blacksmith coaches at some point, so hoping...

Best

Simon

I could be wrong but when the Blacksmith range was put up for sale, several established sellers were interested, including Coopercraft, but only the 4mm range appeared to be on offer at the time.

Mike Wiltshire

Archived