Custom Class 40 Sound I have been working on

Rob Hayes

Hi all I thought I would share this with you. Its a long time since I did any more work on it, But soon I hope to do some more programming on this project.

Its not finished yet but this is the start of a sound scheme I had been putting together for a Class 40. This is my Lima 40 012 Aureol which I weathered by hand and fitted a Railroad chassis too.

She has a DCC Supplies Bass enhanced and Bass Reflex or the larger Variety inside and its absolutley Deafening.  So loud it kept distoriting the video on my camera.

Cheers Rob

Good work Rob, great to see someone having a go, and doing very well.

Bif

Cheers mate. Its my first attempt and a very long way from being anywhere near as good as yours. I have ironicalyl just been watching vids of your latest 37 sounds. I am going to have to purchase a few of them at some stage this year.

All the best Rob :)

What you've done there is exactly how I started though.

Well when I get around to it I hope to have more fun tweaking my own sounds and see if I can improve this a little. It is fun to have ago yourself. I like to have a bit of variety as no two locos ever seem to sound the same. Horns being another charachterful difference.

Cheers Rob :)

That is very nice indeed, Rob. It has a lovely throaty roar to it along with the characteristic whistle. I love the echoey-sounding horn too. Reminds me of watching a 40 in a large station. Happy memories! I've found the horns on many sound chips quite disappointing.

Cheers

Dave

That is very nice indeed, Rob. It has a lovely throaty roar to it along with the characteristic whistle. I love the echoey-sounding horn too. Reminds me of watching a 40 in a large station. Happy memories! I've found the horns on many sound chips quite disappointing.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers well I had carefully removed the horns from this clip and spent ages tweaking them in my Studio to isolate them from the other sound. I love the horns and yes some leave alot to be desired.

I have actuaylly on some of my locos been deleting function sounds I dont use in favour of many horn sounds to give some variety and fun. This class 37 I have added many more horns to than the 40 molded on the roof.

I do like the horns :)

That really is superb, Rob. No artificial sounding loops and again those horn sounds are just fantastic. So natural. 

Nice 40 thrash from Piccadilly too! 

I cant take credit for the loco sounds on the 37 but the horns I added. In time It would be nice to make them available to folk on here, The 40 Has the Thrash on a function for small yard use.

I must make another better video soon now I have a decent video camera and start laying the track on my baseboard.

Cheers Rob :)

Archived