Speedlink Headcodes 1985

penyghent

A number of the Speedlink Trunk Services ran for several years with the same headcode in more or less the same pathway.

The above two services must have been short lived as I have no record of them in the lists I have, one dated before 1985, and one after.

A BR list of Speedlink Services with effect from 17th May 1982 shows no Speedlink services starting at Tees and terminating at Tinsley.

Likewise Paul Shannons book 'Railfreight since 1968 - Wagonload' has a list of Speedlik services dated May 1986 and they are not mentioned there either.

cheers 

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply, the reason I ask about this is that these two services were in a list of services in Paul Shannons Speedlink book, but they are just given the code 6???.

I am trying to find out the codes so I can include them in a chapter of a book I am writing about Tinsley Marshalling Yard.Paul gives the headcodes of all the services that call at Tinsley in January 1985, with the exception of these two, so it would be good to find the headcodes.

Thanks for your help anyway

Chris

That sounds an interesting project of yours.

I thought to try searching Flickr as a number photographers put detailed captions to their photos

but both of those trains ran at night so would be pretty camera shy.

cheers

Dr Michael Rhodes, in his book on British Marshalling Yards lists 1985 Speedlink workings to/from Tinsley.

There is a 21:56 departure shown, but it is 6M70 to Warrington.

There don't seem to be any terminating workings to/from Tees; there is 6V85 Tees- Bescot (arrives Tinsley 23:31/departs 00:18) and 6E64 Severn Tunnel Jct- Haverton Hill ( arrives 00:28/departs 01:51)

I wonder if the HMRS might have any gen; one of their authors, David Monk-Steel, was Area Freight Assistant at Tinsley around the period in question.

Thanks for the info about the marshalling yards book, never thought to look there and I have a photocopy of the Tinsley pages!

Will attempt to contact someone in the HMRS and see if they can help.

Thanks for the heads up with ebay, will attempt to get that tomorrow (at work at present)

As for the book, we are hoping to have it out around september time, in time for the 50th Anniversary of Tinsley yard opening

Archived