The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Cockfosters Tube Car Park on Saturdays

RhBBob

Hi Guys and Gals

I am aware that Cockfosters Car Park is smaller at present (220 spaces) because of building work but does anyone have experience of parking there on a Saturday ?

We are making our annual matinee trip to the West End on 14th February.   And coinciding with the Six Nations, England v Italy at Wembley on that day !!

Working on the Underground, I would normally be able to answer you, but I have only this week returned to work after 3-4 months sickie so a bit out of touch. You don't say which route you are driving, though I suspect the A1? I live in Cambs, and sometimes drive at weekends instead of suffering bustitution, so can offer the following suggestions?

The ones marked * are the places I prefer to use.

*High Barnet (Northern) - Easily accessible from the A1/M25 junction. Cheap parking, fairly large car park.

Totteridge & Whetstone (Northern) - smaller car park, but was free (possibly only sundays?) last time I was there.

*Burnt Oak (Northern) - huge car park, cheap, not too far from A1 Apex Corner.

*Oakwood (Piccadilly) - next stop from Cockfosters (other end of the depot). Fair sized car park. Accessible from both the A10 and the A406 North Circular.

Epping (Central) - easily accessible from M11, huge car park.

*Theydon Bois (Central) - smallish but quiet at weekends, was free?, 1 stop from Epping. My preference over Epping. Easily accessible from A11 after Epping. Quite well hidden in woods though easy to find with map/satnav.

*Loughton (Central). Accessible from M11 & A11. Huge car park. Used to be promoted as a sort of Park & Ride, maybe still is?

(Central) A number of other Central stations are also easy from the M25/A11 if you are still stuck. Don't forget the M11 is easy access from the A1 in the Huntingdon area via the A14 to Cambridge.

Hope this helps.

Stewart

Edit: Having seen the suggestion of street parking; Possibly true but I wouldn't reccomend it for a number of reasons. Not least, the tube car parks do have cctv.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys and Gals

I am aware that Cockfosters Car Park is smaller at present (220 spaces) because of building work but does anyone have experience of parking there on a Saturday ?

We are making our annual matinee trip to the West End on 14th February.   And coinciding with the Six Nations, England v Italy at Wembley on that day !!

Won't the 6 Nations be at Twickenham rather than Wembley???

Cheers, Mike

Just 4 car crime incidents reported in November and all some way from the station.  I went to school a few minutes walk from the station and had a few girlfriends in the area.  

Of course that's when we had horse drawn trams…...

http://www.police.uk/metropolitan/00AKGP/crime/vehicle-crime/

Heddon Court Avenue or Westpole Avenue are close by and OK.  Cockfosters Road is all shops and may have time restrictions.  Might be worth checking on Street View.

Won't the 6 Nations be at Twickenham rather than Wembley???

Cheers, Mike

I gave the game away - being a round ball fan - didn't I ! :jester:

Well spotted and thanks, Mike

Archived