The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

I Need to Win the Lottery!

Nobby (John)

Typical American 'we are the best, we alone matter in this world' attitude. :angry:

No, I'd say the superlatives are "typical real estate agent 'this is the best property you can ever purchase' attitude".

This property is about 15 miles from my office. I have seen it come up here on RMweb a couple of times before. Despite it being so close to me, I had never heard of it until someone first posted it on RMweb.

The area is nice - mostly (former) agricultural acreage and is quite close to the metro boundary. The home on the property is relatively modest - from an architectural and construction standpoint for a property in this price range. The listing is $3.5M. 

The problem this property has is that no one wants to purchase someone else's dreams.  

Plus, people who can afford $3.5M for a home probably want it on a tropical island or in a big city skyscraper penthouse - not on woodsy Oregon acreage with model steam trains everywhere. Comparable acreage homes are about one fifth the asking price - because of the railways.

Archived