Metromodels website

Broadway Clive

Last updated 24 November 2014 (at least for the news page), but I had no trouble getting their site up, including doing a shift+refresh to ensure I wasn't just looking at cached pages on my computer.

I see what you mean. The website is there, but the page for ordering his new range of models seems to have disappeared. I hope that doesn't mean that he's filled his order book and isn't taking any more orders.

EDIT: Have just spoken to John Polley. He told me that has deliberately taken down the page with the new models as he is having problems getting the glazing right, and they won't be available for a few more months and he didn't want to build up folks' hopes that the were just around the corner. He is concentrating on the '09 Victoria and '73 Picadilly stocks first. But even these are still several months away.

Thanks Keith, I'm glad John's ok and that his new range of kits hasnt been pulled permanently. I remember his much delayed RTR standard stock project that was delayed for years and then had to be discontinued after a short production run. He had reasonably expected it to be selling for many years into his future retirement, but escalating costs and production problems cut it short. I do hope he has better luck this time as the hobby would be immeasurably poorer without his train kits. (His EFE motorising conversions are of course unaffected). Maybe he'll get around to updating his website soon!

Archived