First NG build

RichardS

Never having done N Gauge or Narrow Gauge modelling or much scratch-building I have dipped my toe in the water by agreeing to build a new superstructure for a Bachmann N Gauge Shunter to a plan that appeared in Railway Modeller some time back.

An acquaintance of advanced years presented me with said article, the shunter and a sheet of plasticard, and said can you do anything........

The loco is in the paint shop at present but I thought I'd post a picture of the finished body.

Why make this post? Well, I'm a bit pleased with the outcome which I know is not perfect but it might encourage others to have a go and see what they can do.

post-4710-0-29074400-1422051025_thumb.jpg

Thank you. The colour the chap has asked for is Humbrol 73 which is called 'Wine.' A sort of dreary red. Have to be honest not my choice. The original in Railway Modeller was painted a mid green (standard industrial loco green for want of a better description) looks better to me but there we are;  it is his 'train-set.'

I'm having to hand paint it indoors as the climate in my shed at this time of year not ideal for spraying.  Good practice to get the brushes out. :-)

HU73 is very matt in it's native state and consequently a very 'dead' colour so I'll have to put a bit of shine on to liven it up.

• 2 weeks later...

They are similar. Much nicer! Are they still available? I assume they are from Smallbrook Studios - can't see them on their website.

Thanks

Hi Lost this topic sorry for the delay

the cabs are this kit

http://www.smallbrookstudio.co.uk/products-new/4569521214/'troy'-kit-to-alter-the-'model-power'-plymouth-diesel-into-a-narrow-gauge-locomotive/3772173

Also liking your model

Archived