Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

First NG build

RichardS

Never having done N Gauge or Narrow Gauge modelling or much scratch-building I have dipped my toe in the water by agreeing to build a new superstructure for a Bachmann N Gauge Shunter to a plan that appeared in Railway Modeller some time back.

An acquaintance of advanced years presented me with said article, the shunter and a sheet of plasticard, and said can you do anything........

The loco is in the paint shop at present but I thought I'd post a picture of the finished body.

Why make this post? Well, I'm a bit pleased with the outcome which I know is not perfect but it might encourage others to have a go and see what they can do.

post-4710-0-29074400-1422051025_thumb.jpg

Thank you. The colour the chap has asked for is Humbrol 73 which is called 'Wine.' A sort of dreary red. Have to be honest not my choice. The original in Railway Modeller was painted a mid green (standard industrial loco green for want of a better description) looks better to me but there we are;  it is his 'train-set.'

I'm having to hand paint it indoors as the climate in my shed at this time of year not ideal for spraying.  Good practice to get the brushes out. :-)

HU73 is very matt in it's native state and consequently a very 'dead' colour so I'll have to put a bit of shine on to liven it up.

• 2 weeks later...

They are similar. Much nicer! Are they still available? I assume they are from Smallbrook Studios - can't see them on their website.

Thanks

Hi Lost this topic sorry for the delay

the cabs are this kit

http://www.smallbrookstudio.co.uk/products-new/4569521214/'troy'-kit-to-alter-the-'model-power'-plymouth-diesel-into-a-narrow-gauge-locomotive/3772173

Also liking your model

Archived