Rocafort, Barcelona

Joseph_Pestell

• RMweb Gold

Had the chance to visit this shop recently after taking SWMBO to Barcelona Airport. It does various forms of models but mostly railways.

Handily located on the Gran Via dels Corts Catalans about 250m east of Plaza Espanya. If you have to drive, park at the ONCE building underground car park, about 150m west of the shop.

I was really surprised at the wide range of Spanish stuff available in HO and N, both from the mainstream manufacturers and some of the new start-ups. Prices are remarkably reasonable, e.g. Rivarossi T2 at €29 and some 1:87 lorries at €10.

Interesting to see bodies available for Barcelona Metro models, all existing types, in HO. Not sure what one is supposed to use to motorise and my Catalan is not up to asking them.

Take a look at www.rocafort.com

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Had the chance to visit this shop recently after taking SWMBO to Barcelona Airport. It does various forms of models but mostly railways.

Handily located on the Gran Via dels Corts Catalans about 250m east of Plaza Espanya. If you have to drive, park at the ONCE building underground car park, about 150m west of the shop.

I was really surprised at the wide range of Spanish stuff available in HO and N, both from the mainstream manufacturers and some of the new start-ups. Prices are remarkably reasonable, e.g. Rivarossi T2 at €29 and some 1:87 lorries at €10.

Interesting to see bodies available for Barcelona Metro models, all existing types, in HO. Not sure what one is supposed to use to motorise and my Catalan is not up to asking them.

Take a look at www.rocafort.com

I am bumping this as 75C has asked for details of a Spanish retailer and I don't know how to cross-post links.

Archived