Manufacture, Part Number - Chip type look up List

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

What I am looking for is what type of chip (6, 8, 21 pin) does each locomotive require by model manufacture, class off loco and manufacture part number.

I quite agree trying to list types of chips would be impossible

Terry

Equally, as production is in small batches, and each is not always given a unique item number, a model may progress through from unfitted, to 8 pin socket to 21 pin soxket to PlusX or whatever - especially if, for example, another model in the range is released with sound.  Stock may not then get sold in order!

(A more visible change has been the slow adoption of NEM pockets to models - even now including some of the Railroad range which originally appeared to be distinguished by including the original full-size Tri-ang coupling.)

• RMweb Premium

I guess I will have to check each locomotive and in some cases remove the body to check which DCC socket has been fitted

I would have thought if a manufacture makes a change is specification or even livery it would get a new part number.

I have a number of Bachmann 37 all in DRS livery with different running numbers all of which have a different part numbers

Terry

What you're looking for is the type of interface/connection/plug & socket, not the type of chip. The interface will have its own part number, but changing the interface is unlikely to result in a change for the part number for the whole model.

As you say, take the top off and look for yourself. Probably quicker than trawling the internet.

Archived