Peco LK-709 Signal Box

hartleymartin

Hello Hartleymartin..

Have not built this kit but I have seen a completed one made up by a member of Peco's staff. It looked very nice and he assured me that it was an easy kit to build. He also thought that with a bit of kit bashing it would form the basis of a narrow gauge box.

Hope this is useful.

Rod

Well, my kit arrived. I was much dismayed to find out that it had a 9 pound price sticker on it, and I'm fairly certain that I paid about $50 Australian Dollars for it...

I dry fitted the walls and roof together, and I've decided that it is definitely going to need an interior detailing kit with some lighting. I don't usually bother with this on mode buildings, but when the interior is so visible, it will definitely be worth having some visible detail.

• RMweb Gold

I bought and built the Peco Goods Depot kit (LK-82) recently and it went together really nicely, good sturdy parts. The brickwork took the mortar paint really well (unlike say some Dapol kits I've built), and now it's finished, with its Modernist styling - it really looks the part I think for a transition-era layout.

Hope yours works out well too Martin, for your $50.

cheers,

Keith

Unless we're talking about different kits the Peco small wooden signal box is priced at 26GBP on Tower's website. That's not far off 50 $Aus is it?  Ray.

Well, that means that the 9-pound sticker is incorrect. I feel much better about paying the money for the kit now. Actually, having started the assembly I am quite happy to pay the money as it is a really good kit. I feel that Peco should include some interior detail or at least have an accompanying detail kit to go with it.

Archived