NER Tynside EMU drawings

Beatty 139

Just looking at my next project in G1, for a long time since I was a student on Tyneside I have had a fascination about the Tynside electric system, I have already built a quayside Bo-Bo but now i am giving some consideration to a EMU, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of reasonable drawings, I know a diagram 100 parcel car was published in Railway Modeller some years ago but full of issues. I also know the NERA published copies (now out of print) of the carriage diagram books but out of the volumes I'm not sure which ones to target for the infomation I am looking for.

Any suggestions, the more contemporary the better as the errors in so called model makers drawings are so frustrating!

I should say my preference is for 1904 stock.

Depends how much detail you're after. Any project of this nature requires Ken Hoole's The North Eastern Electrics: The History of the Tyneside Electric Passenger Services [1904-1967] Oakwood Press [of course] no.165 1987. As a matter of course he includes a number of original diagrams, including the October 1903 stock, although the A5 format is obviously a bit limiting.

Archived