RMweb

guard_jamie

Evening all,

I have been thinking for some time about producing a fictionalised version of Ranelagh Bridge set in the Edwardian period lately. I am sure that I have seen several articles/layouts on RB in Model Rail and perhaps some other publications over the last few years. Unfortunately my magazine collection is in fairly inaccessible storage so I am unable to go on the hunt myself - can anyone point me in the direction of the issue numbers I should be seeking?

Also can anyone recommend any books with decent information/photos/layout diagrams of RB that I can hunt out to enable me to do maximum research before starting out.

Thanks in advance! Jamie

I know of two models of Ranelagh Bridge currently in existence

(i) - 7mm early 1960s by Steve Fay (I believe still under construction)

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/38539-ranelagh-bridge-west-london-stabling-point/

(ii) - 4mm 'OO' early 1970s - twice - by my brother Paul aka 'naturol' of this parish.

The first effort can be found at :-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/29249-ranelagh-bridge-road/page-2

Paul's  second attempt has appeared in the modelling press, and at shows, and is booked for the (a) Swindon, Steam and ( B) Derby shows later this year.

If you require any further info, let me know, or you could 'PM' - "naturol". 

Brian R

See the link to my thread above, I've put plenty of prototype pictures plus track diagrams

I've amassed many pictures over the last few years so if I can help let me know.post-5983-0-01688600-1425413891_thumb.jpg

What scale are you thinking of?

british railways illustrated Vol 10 number 12 September 2001 & vol 5 no8 may 1996 both have a great selection of pictures, both should be available through British railway books.

As for the Edwardian period I think I only have 2 pictures one of one of the French Atlantics and one of King George V before shipping to the states and with air pump fitted to the smoke box both pictures I cannot reproduce due to copyright.

Great western journal no 78 spring 2011 has a great Ariel shot of the whole layout

• 9 months later...

Gentlemen, please accept my apologies for my completely ignoring your kind assistance. I am only an occasional RMweb visitor, and made this thread then completely forgot about it, so I haven't actualy seen your responses until my. Thank you for them. However, my ponderings (hopefully soon to be more than ponderings) on a small-scale layout have moved in a different direction based on a purchase and space available, details of which may be found here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106054-planning-a-micro-shunting-layout-4mm/

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm staying in London on business for the next two nights.

Peered out of my hotel, the Novotel Paddington, and this blast from the past was what greeted me.

A view I've not seen before in any photos. Can hear the ghosts of Maybachs if I listen carefully enough.

Neil

post-6925-0-33269400-1463428083_thumb.jpeg

Archived