S&DJR layouts needed to film. Any scale.

I know that this could be linked to a present forum topic but prefer, if you all don't mind, to start a new one.

Mr Philip Fowler of Lantern films wants to film S&D layouts in the order of Bath to Bournemouth. Not just still pictures but preferably movies. I bought a small 'Mobius' camera that fitted, with blu-tak, into an 'OO' wagon. I then trundled it slowly through my layout (Wellow).

See: http://www.amazon.co.uk/EKOO®-Sports-Camera-Action-Camcorder/dp/B00MP38ZAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425316108&sr=8-1&keywords=mobius+camera

(Usual caveats; other suppliers are available).

I think Philip is to stitch them together with pictures of the present day. So far he has filmed: Bath Green Park, Wellow and Chilcompton.

I believe he has the following in the pipeline: Binegar, Evercreech New, Radstock (at the museum), Evermore  and possibly Midford and Shepton Mallet.

However, if there are any more layouts out there and you fancy having a go at filming it (it can be done with modern smartphones as long as gantry signals don't get in the way), please will you contact him either via this website and/or directly via: lantern films(at)hotmail.co.uk.

I believe that there is no pecuniary advantage save to see your film professionally edited and of course, acknowledged. I also believe that he will send you a free copy of the whole attempt on DVD.

He has previously asked for help in "The Pines" magazine.

Thanks,

Richard.

Archived