Clubs Near Bath

simmod00

Hi all,

Please forgive this post if my question has already been answered elsewhere on the forum, however, I've looked and struggled to find anything.

I'm new to this forum and recently returned to railway modelling. Since railway modelling picked my interest again about 18 months ago, I've been reading lots and playing a little. I'm now trying to plan and build my own layout, hence coming onto this forum. However, I also firmly believe that there's no substitute for talking directly to someone if you want to learn.

I live in Bath and have been investigating the possibility of attending and joining a club. Having never been part of a club before I'm keen to try one or two out. Hoping to meet a few like minded people, learn a few bits and play trains. The only problem I've encountered is I can't find out if there is a club in or near Bath. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps / makes any difference, I'm 36, I model in OO gauge and am attempting to "go digital" by slowly converting my feet of mainly BR steam locos to DCC and I use a NCE controller. I don't know how much time I may be able to commit given that I'm sat here tapping out this message with my very premature son cradled on my chest in hospital.

Once again, any help will be greatly received.

Thanks

Bentley MRG meet in Chippenham by the railway station on a Tuesday night and are a friendly bunch, a couple of the guys were dabbling in DCC and some Steam modellers there as well. Most of the playing trains happens at shows though.

There is also Westinghouse in Chippenham and the West Wilts club but not sure where they meet now

Also worth going to are the Gas Cupboard Thursday evenings, some excellent speakers including Jerry Clifford and Dave Spencer amongst others.

PS just noticed the last bit of your post, hope all OK with your son, enjoy the moment there will be plenty of time for modeling in the future, my daughter is 7 now and was helping me building part of the parcel conveyor from Temple Meads this afternoon!

Archived