Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Dinky Buses and Corgi trams and ...mild autism ...?

Even mild autism is awkward. It's very definitely being stuck twix 1947 and around 1957 .. as if the hard drive is full and I can't delete and add more appropriate /current.Oddly, I seemed familiar with before 1947, but realised that both people/attitudes/things dated from the turn of the century meaning that I could assimilate them...wierd.

i don't do people because severe gender stuff means I can't resolve he/she/me [ I hate Gap etc LOL] so cars/buses of the 50s and Dinky Toys  became safe 'faces'. 

For me, it's binary-something is or it isn't...I was standing before two 'buses'.

One was THE BUS - school bus circa 1950s, the other could not be bus/what is it?

Intellectually, I can work around this but it's ever there.

I worked out that my mind is remembering imprinted shapes/profiles and won't recognise/accept any alternative.

Another aspect is that, like a 5 year old my mind sees 'bus again' rather than 'several buses passing'. I can still understand the 5 year old asking Dad if he could get into a model car and the curt response-a car in the distance IS tiny-a fact that we all depend upon-but most lose this perception.

I also seem to need reinforcement of input/stimulus in the sense of say, 3x Dinky Bus - repetition of stimulus 'bus' helping, briefly, to keep object in focus.

I also have a collection of Contax/Kiev cameras which offer the continuity from 1935 to 1975 and are all very similar.

Corgi Trams and original Dinky Buses - luckily slight not sameness is stimulating rather than dee'sturbing.They are basically all the same shape and not so expensive to buy groups of 3x, although London Transport essential to me .

The tram thing came from my Grandfather taking me on several trams around 1950 when I would have been 3 years old, but shapes are easily imprinted as an infant and reinforced by several later visits to Chessington Zoo-where the main attraction was the tram outside-which I recently travelled on at a museum!

Creating a fantasy fleet of LT trams based upon school bus terminus at East Acton is great for me.

I have several EFE RTs etc , but trams seem to be an even earlier imprint are safe and familiar.

dee 

Archived